SAMPLE 1 YEAR END 2008: MUET WRITING 8004 QUESTION two Essay

SAMPLE 1) YR END 2008: MUET PRODUCING 800/4 PROBLEM 2

" People are progressively more materialistic. They are really concerned with making more money and what money can buy. ” What is your opinion on being materialistic? You should write at least 350 words and phrases. [60 marks] They say that money the actual world go round. And indeed it will as with no money, existence would be extremely tough as in modern-day society, few things are free. The medial side effect even so is that people are becoming more materialistic; more concerned with making money and what money can buy. But how much cash is enough? Could it be ever enough? To some, it will never be adequate. In my opinion, I truly believe that this kind of statement is true and that individuals are becoming more materialistic in character. In this composition, I will discuss how materialism has influenced modern society's way of life by using an individual level, the country's economy and our psychic and meaning beliefs.

Above all, each individual is usually affected by materialism to some extent through this day and age mainly because hedonism is becoming an violent uprising trend. It is because today's technology are aimed at making a lot more money to enable them to enjoy the carefree lifestyle that is so popular nowadays. Moreover, people now happen to be striving to earn extra income in order to afford things which have been more expensive and branded. For example , people use their hard earned cash on materials objects just like genuine CELINE and Coach handbags, expensive gizmos like Iphones and Tablets and so on which in my opinion is a waste of money once regular products may be good enough. Consequently , while persons become more focussed on their pursuit of material riches and enhancing their lifestyle, they may forget that what matters most in life can be quality time spent with family and friends and not the quantity of their materials goods.

Second of all, when culture starts spending in a materialistic manner it can surely have got a domino effect on the country's economy. This...

Popular

Haier Article
Haier Article

1. 0 Advantages Haier group is a multinational production company providing consumer electronics and home appliances. In 1984, it was been founded in Qindao, Shandong region, China, using a joint-venture…...